To print an image - click the 'Print' button above the image in the viewer. To save an image - click the 'Download' button.
Printing an Article
Currently we only have the option to print whole pages. The original page image is scaled down to print in our modern (A4) printers - this means that the text is often too small to read. Here are some tips on how to print an individual article (from a newspaper page image):
The best way to retrieve a readable copy of a particular article is to:
- Rather than selecting 'Print', choose to 'Download' the newspaper page image from the viewer.
- Once you have downloaded it, open in your preferred PDF viewer (don't worry - the image should open automatically when you click on the downloaded file!).
- You can then zoom in to your article (try 150 to 200%).
- Once you have zoomed in, go to 'Edit', select 'Take a snapshot' and then select the area of the article that you wish to print/save.
- This will automatically 'copy' your selection. However, if you right click you can choose to print the selection.
- Printing: Select 'fit to page', when your printer options pop up. This will then make the selection bigger (and readable!).
When you are viewing your selected page/article in the Viewer:
To print an image - click the 'Print' button, then choose 'Print Whole Page or 'Print Selected Article' from the dropdown menu.
To save an image - click the 'Download' button, then choose 'Download Whole Page or 'Download Selected Article' from the dropdown menu.